Enfield Council sets high standards for all of its departments. As a local government, it’s absolutely vital that taxpayers receive great value for money from the council and its services. At the same time, the council must adhere to strict budgets and brand guidelines.
Throughput has increased by 30% on all paper stocks
Productivity has increased by 50%
20% more colour work is now being kept in-house (now 65% colour, 35% monochrome)
Establishment of an internal web-to-print portal and modernised website, which brings in 70% of total work
To strengthen the value of the council’s in-house print department by producing more high-volume colour print jobs.
• Inability to meet growing demand for colour print
• Existing digital print technology lacked the productivity, output colour stability and cost-efficiency to address demand
• Requirement for print output to meet strict brand guidelines set by the council
• Too much high-volume work was being outsourced
• Enfield Council’s in-house print department has been consistently impressed with Canon’s service and support since becoming a customer in 2005.
• Looking to update its colour digital print infrastructure in 2014, the customer took part in Canon’s Business & Innovation Scan and also participated in the Essential Business Builder Program to gain a better understanding of the inhouse and colour print markets.
• Encouraged by the consultancy and guidance provided by Canon, the customer invested in new production imagePRESS technology and continues to work with Canon’s business development and account management teams to expand the business.